CALF Filter prevents panning

I frequently use CALF Filter. I notice that when I add this filter to a track, I seem to lose the ability to pan the track left and right. Is there any way to use this particular filter and still pan?

Double click the panner, is should go back to mono and you can pan as normal. the stereo panner works a little different.

Double click the panner, is should go back to mono and you can pan as normal. the stereo panner works a little different.

right just reminded myself how the panners work when stereo. If you click and drag on the L or R this will reduce the stereo width and you can drag the panning left or right. the more you drag the L or R to the middle the more you can pan left or right until you get into the centre and it becomes a normal mono channel again.

you can also double click right in the middle between the L and R in the panner and it will convert it back to a mono panner aswell.

Occasonally it is worth reading the fine manual: http://manual.ardour.org/mixing/panning/stereo_panner/

Double-clicking on the panner gives me exactly what I need. Thanks, veda_sticks! I notice that the panner’s control turns into an orange M that lets me move it in the stereo field.

I also noticed what you describe when I dragged the L or R icons toward the center. Good tips, thanks again.