Buses won't transfer over? (2.8.16 -> 6.9.0)

Hello,
In trying to transfer old projects from Ardour 2.8.16 to Ardour 6.9.0, pretty much everything transfers fine except for buses (that aren’t the master bus). Is there any obvious reason for this, or is it just a weird bug for me?

Here is a simple example of the issue. I created a project in 2.8.16, then opened it in 6.9.0:

I have gigantic projects with dozens of tracks/buses that I would like transferred over successfully. So, should I try first transferring to an intermediary Ardour version (like version 5), and then transfer from that into 6.9 to see if that works? I am considering upgrading my Mac OS so I can get Ardour 7/8 to test. But, for now I am using 6.9 because it is apparently the last(?) available version for Mac OS X 10.6.8, which is what I’m using and am happy with.

Any info./help is appreciated!
-Thanks!
-J

In the old program, all Buses will be exported to wave and you will have everything - why is there so much trouble and trouble with opening in the new version?
It is best to create new projects and finish the old ones in old versions.

1 Like

It is likely a bug. Could you upload the .ardour session file (ideally attached to a bug report at tracker.ardour.org)?

I recall fixing loading of ancient sessions during Ardour 7.x release cycle. In which case you may be out of luck. Still, it might be possible to manually change the session file.

1 Like

Did you check to see if the buses are just ‘hidden’ ? Check the editor-list sidebar, “Tracks and Buses”, column ‘V’ for visible.

1 Like

Yes, they weren’t hidden. But, luckily Ardour itself “fixed” the problem!..

Thank you all for your replies! But it now appears that Ardour eventually handled the problem. I discovered that if I saved the newly created file (using 6.9.0), completely quit Ardour, and then reopened the project, all of the buses then appeared and were connected as normal! -What a simple thing… -Akin to ‘Have you tried turning it off and on again?’, haha. -Thank G̶o̶d̶ Ardour* for that! -Saved me a big headache!

-Peace,
-J

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.