Building Ardour2 from source

Building Ardour2 from source is our clg project .
we are currently stuck with the following error ( paul please help us !!! ) :

scons: `libs/midi++2/libmidi++.so’ is up to date.
g++ -o libs/ardour/audioengine.os -c -Woverloaded-virtual -DGTK_NEW_TOOLTIP_API -DPACKAGE=“libardour2” -DLIBSIGC_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DDATA_DIR="/usr/local/share" -DMODULE_DIR="/usr/local/lib" -DVAMP_DIR="/usr/local/lib/ardour2/vamp" -DCONFIG_DIR="/usr/local/etc" -DLOCALEDIR="/usr/local/share/locale" -DHAVE_JACK_CLIENT_OPEN -DHAVE_JACK_ON_INFO_SHUTDOWN -DHAVE_JACK_RECOMPUTE_LATENCIES -DHAVE_JACK_VIDEO_SUPPORT -DHAVE_JACK_PORT_ENSURE_MONITOR -DHAVE_WORDEXP -DHAVE_SYS_VFS_H -DHAVE_LV2 -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -fstrength-reduce -pipe -DARCH_X86 -mmmx -march=i686 -msse -mfpmath=sse -DUSE_XMMINTRIN -DBUILD_SSE_OPTIMIZATIONS -Wall -DHAVE_LIBLO -DPROGRAM_NAME=“Ardour” -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -Ilibs -DENABLE_NLS -DHAVE_SLV2 -Ilibs -pthread -DUSE_RUBBERBAND -fPIC -Ilibs/pbd -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -Ilibs/surfaces/control_protocol -Ilibs/midi++2 -Ilibs/vamp-sdk -Ilibs/sigc++2 -Ilibs/glibmm2 -Ilibs/ardour -Ilibs/rubberband -I/usr/include/rasqal -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include libs/ardour/audioengine.cc
libs/ardour/audioengine.cc: In member function ‘int ARDOUR::AudioEngine::start()’:
libs/ardour/audioengine.cc:182:87: error: invalid conversion from ‘void ()(jack_latency_callback_mode_t, void)’ to ‘int ()(jack_latency_callback_mode_t, void)’
libs/ardour/audioengine.cc:182:87: error: initializing argument 2 of ‘int jack_set_latency_callback(jack_client_t*, int ()(jack_latency_callback_mode_t, void), void*)’
libs/ardour/audioengine.cc: In member function ‘int ARDOUR::AudioEngine::reconnect_to_jack()’:
libs/ardour/audioengine.cc:1329:79: error: invalid conversion from ‘void ()(jack_latency_callback_mode_t, void)’ to ‘int ()(jack_latency_callback_mode_t, void)’
libs/ardour/audioengine.cc:1329:79: error: initializing argument 2 of ‘int jack_set_latency_callback(jack_client_t*, int ()(jack_latency_callback_mode_t, void), void*)’
scons: *** [libs/ardour/audioengine.os] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

please do help us … :slight_smile:

you’ve got the wrong version of JACK.

got it fixed … thanks … looking for a plugin development kit now … what are your suggestions ?

There are two plugin kits: LADSPA (http://www.ladspa.org) and LV2 (http://lv2plug.in/trac).

LV2 is the newer one, with the possibility to have fancy GUI’s. While uglier, I tend to perfer the minimalism of the LADSPA ones, though.

thanks …
scons : done building targets.

got the above output … now how do i get ardour up and running … ?

both ardour and ardour2 commands are not working on the linux terminal

pls help

http://www.ardour.org/building_ardour2

that didnt help … pls help ,
ive finished compiling it from source … wana know how to execute the ardour software from a terminal .

@sumacha

On that page are instructions for installing via scons.

You can also use ardour_dev to run without installing from the build folder.

Seablade

@sumacha: From the link I posted -

Installing

For installing, you can use the special target “install”, i.e.:

scons install

After which you can type:

ardour2

at the terminal to start Ardour