broadcast wave: any flaw?

Hi,

just wondering: is there any disadvantage/bug/flaw with broadcast wave? I ask because, with A2, if I accidentally moved a region I could simply hit ctrl+alt+O to move it back to its original position, but with A3 this doesn’t seem to work anymore, so maybe if use bwave I could solve the issue…

Thanks!
Alessio

Ive never used that shortcut normally if i accidentally move something i just undo right away. using ctr+z

true, but if you don’t notice it immediately and do many other things on your project, this means undoing all of them before having your region back in place…

there is no natural position information in “normal” WAV (or other file formats). Broadcast WAV adds extra “metadata” to provide positional information.

the strange thing is in A2 I could select any region from the region list, put it in the project, hit crtl+alt+O and have it in its original position, even if it was not a broadcast wave (didn’t work with imported .wav files from external projects), and this also worked with accidentally moved regions. None of this works anymore in A3 that’s why I asked about broadcast wave…

you must have been using a2 with b-wav as the default format. there is no original-position data available in any other format. or it could be that the binding is now alt-o …

I will double-check that, but could it be that A2 recorded the region position of wav files recorded within the project? I remember it worked only with files within the session, and did not work if I imported something from another session… I didn’t know A3 changed the shortcut, but I also tried via the menu option and it didn’t work either…

It seems it is just a bug, beacause I noticed that sometimes everything works by just closing and reopening the same session, will investigate further and maybe file a bug report