Bonne Annee! Brand new to Ardour

So I’m brand spanking new and joined up for two reasons
1 to make a small monthly contribution and
2 to track the progress of the software as far as concerns my needs

I actually wont be downloading the software for quite some time. I, at present, have the Mixbus 5 32c variant installed on a Windows 8.1 machine with 48gb ram, dual processors ( xeon e5 2690v1 16 cores 32 threads @2.9ghz before turbo) dual ssd’s and a hdd, all on a Supermicro mobo. Soundcard is a MOTU 2408 mk3, 1296 with an Apogee AD16x taking care of the inputs with a Focusrite liquid 4 pre for preamps (using the 3rd adat input on the 2408). All the outputs are routed to the MOTU 1296 and everything is clocked to an older silverplate Rosendahl nanosyncs. I record all analog sources at 24 bit 48khz.

Now even though I’m freshly invested in the development of the platform, (thanks for giving me a low cost option btw)I dont really need Ardour at the moment, Heck- I dont even mix with the Mixbus, yet. The reason is, as I understand it, that the busses are not compensated for latency. Is there a way to rectify this? or not at present?
Is this on the Ardour agenda? Or is it anomalous to the Harrison variant?

Thanks and ya’all can call me Tommy.

So whilst perusing the site some of my questions have been answered
It is not anomalous to the the Harrison mixbus, It is on the roadmap of features to be implemented, I dont have an irc client, so does anyone know or know how to tell if its a high priority fix or less people are bothered by it and its a low priority?
Like i said this is a not a rush as I’m not using the software yet, Oh and Is there any way for me to help speed along Ardour 6 and Win development? ( other than contributing more cash?)

This has already been implemented in git, for upcoming Ardour6. but until Ardour6 is released there is no way to rectify this.

1 Like

That is easily remedied: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=ardour – there is also a developer email list: http://lists.ardour.org/listinfo.cgi/ardour-dev-ardour.org

Contributing code and/or bug-fixes perhaps.

1 Like

Hey Robin, Thank you so much for taking the time to answer these queries- It’s really nice of you. And I’m looking forward to Ardour 6. THX again -all my best, Tommy.

How do I help with bug fixes btw?

First step would be to learn to compile Ardour/git from source, and then ideally find an issue that annoys you and fix it. Alternatively pick any of the many ones from tracker.ardour.org.

Some further reading: