I post this here rather than as a feature request because I’m not sure if it’s possible, probably needs to be discussed first.
I mean the “Trim Start/End at Edit Point” and “Set Fade In/Out Length” shortcuts. They’re supposed to speed up the editing process, but I feel like that point is missed a bit if you first have to click on a region to select it to be able to use said shortcuts. Editing in Ardour would be much faster if you could use them wherever without having to select first.
I get this could be difficult or impossible to implement, because it’s also very useful to be able to apply these shortcuts to multiple selected regions at once. So not sure how you’d maintain that while also removing the need to select for them to work.
Maybe the behavior I’m suggesting could only happen if there are no clips selected?