B.P.M?

Have used acid pro on Windows a few years ago.
Didn’t matter what the bpm of a sample was … all samples would become the same bpm as that set for the entire creation.
Can I do that on Ardour?
I’ve been playing around with this thing for about twenty four hours now … great stuff but this one thing is bugging me right now.
It was auto in Acid.

I should think so - the spelling-check takes place before you post, doesn’t it?

Ok.Well that just worked perfectly.I guess it pays to just ask rather than fumbling around like an idiot.
Craig

@CraigPid - guess you’ll just have to install a British English dictionary, then :wink:

So you’re saying that my browser is speaking American, not the forum software??

Actual tempo in OSS, probably, though in Ardour if you have a region that is exactly one measure long, you can set the grid to use that, I believe the shortcut for this is ‘9’ but would have to check.

Seablade

I’ve tried using some drum loops lately and the issue that I’ve run into is that the BPM are often not reported accurately.It seems to sync at the beginning but as the song progresses the drum beats creep away from the grid.I looked at a loop that was 75 BPM in acid & it showed that it was 75.349 BPM so I was able to change my tempo in Ardour so that the beats would match the grid.So the question is, is there a tool in Ardour or OSS that can report the actual tempo of a drum loop?
By the way…when I type Ardour in the comment box it gets underlined as it’s not in dictionary or a spelling mistake.That’s kind of funny actually.
Craig

Thanx … I had a feeling I wasn’t missing it.
I’ll play with it with my guitar and keyboard see how I get on.
Once again thanks.

Short version, no.

You can set a grid to the tempo and incorporate time stretch with snapping set to the grid to manually do it.

Seablade

acid, like ableton live, represents a very particular kind of workflow based around a rather contemporary notion of “how to make music”. at the present time, ardour isn’t designed to support that workflow in the same way that acid and live do (or did). ardour itself is still much more focused on recording actual performers on physical instruments. it can be used to put together music that sounds as if it is from the acid/live process, but it will be a bit work to use it in that way.