Avldrum LV2 plugin installation problems

I built 6.0rc1 and had success with some simple MIDI tracks. Then installed avldrum LV2 plugin. In the mixer strip, for my MIDI track, I was able to choose the Black Pearl kit instrument from plugin manager.
Then when I double click to open the instrument UI, Ardour crashes.

My installation was simply to downloaded x42-avldrums-v0.4.1-x86_64.tar.gz (Linux 64 bit) from x42-plugins.com/x42/x42-avldrums
then copied the avldrums.lv2 folder to $HOME/.lv2/ ( /home/u/.lv2/avldrums.lv2/ )as instructed by the README.txt file.

It seems like this was successful when I installed for Ardour 5.12 some time back.
Can someone else offer insight on a successful avldrums.lv2 install in Ardour 6 RC1?

I thought this was a very popular ( and stable ) lv2 instrument, so maybe someone could give me a sanity check, and comment on their installation details… location, other configuration steps?
Thanks

Do other plugins that use openGL work (other x42, zam-audio, harrison XT-, OvertoneDSP)?

nvidia graphics card with nouveau driver? If so, using the official nvidia driver should solve this.

My graphics hardware is AMD ( Radeon? ) built-in, so no nvidia here.
system info : CPU brand: AMD A8-9600 RADEON R7, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6G

I get the same crash experience with x42-comp mono, x42-dpl mono
Is AMD graphics driver version a potential cause?

Problem resolved. No more crashes. x42-avldrums, x42-comp, x42-dpl UI displays correctly.
Tested in Ardour 5.12 and Ardour 6.0rc1.150.

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of video drivers. My AMD Radeon graphics configuration seemed to have mesa implementation of openGL. I upgraded the existing “mesa” drivers and the AMD specific driver.
libegl-mesa0 libgl1-mesa-dri libglapi-mesa libglu1-mesa libgl1-mesa-glx libglx-mesa0
libDRM-radeon

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.