AV Linux 2.0 Released!

Glenn,

Just wondering if you included the LV2 version of the Invada Studio plugins. They are worth a “look” and a “listen” :slight_smile:

thorgal,

Yes I did, they seem pretty cool so far… also included Zynjacku/Lv2Rack and the LV2 port of ZynAddSubFX and the LV2 version of Fons Adriansens FIL 4-band parametric. I think I’ll throw Steve Harris’ LV2 bunch in as well and of course I have the latest Calf and linuxDSP plugs set up to go as well. I am considering Puredata and Supercollider because I’ve received several e-mails about them this week but I am unfamiliar with them myself

Jconv ain’t gonna happen…I installed it according to the tarball instructions and it can’t find it’s own support libs (and yes they are installed) and I’m no newb at building software…plus writing a conf script and finding impulses all seems like a lot of time spent screwing around instead of making music. I can’t even imagine trying to explain to a new Linux user how to roll with Jconv. I’ll wait for Aella to come out and see then. I’m trying to introduce Ardour and other stable, established Audio Apps to new users for how easy and intuitive it can be and Jconv doesn’t really fit, even though it is obviously well liked by advanced Linux users.

I agree.
I had no problem compiling and running jconv in AV-2r1, but it requires knowledge in how to write the proper conf file, so I guess it’s not excactly for the newbie.
And the seasoned users should be able to compile and use it on their own.