Audio interface not recognized

I’m pretty new to Ardour but I’ve been able to do some things with it. Now I’m trying to start doing recordings with my nice microphone that uses an audio interface (Scarlett solo). But it seems that Ardour is not recognizing my device. For my piano keyboard, a critical thing seems to be to connect the keyboard before starting Ardour, but this approach does not seem to be enough for the Audio interface. Any suggestions on what I should try?

When I open the audio connections window, it gives me the options “Hardware” (System - capture 1 and capture 2), “Ardour misc” (auditioner out, click out, LTC out), “Ardour tracks” and “Ardour busses”. If I choose the first option, somehow it defaults using my internal microphone instead of the one connected to the audio interface (which for example Audacity uses without trouble). The other options seem to be no use either.

If it makes any difference, I’m using Ardour 6.3.0 with ALSA, and my operating system is Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS. (Sure, some updates might be due.)

Oh wow. Before anyone had time to reply I figured out what was wrong by myself! I just had to go to the Audio/MIDI setup menu and choose the input device. No help needed anymore.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.