Audio and MIDI connections sometimes not saved

I am using Ardour 8.1 on Linux with Pipewire over the JACK backend.

It rather often happens to me that I save a project and then when I load it next, most or all of my audio and MIDI connections are gone and I have to reconnect everything.

It is not consistently forgetting all connections. Sometimes it would lose only some, and sometimes even none.

I tried using ALSA backend, but it seems to behave the same.
Is there some known issue around this, or can I do something to help debug this and find the problem?

Cheers
Martin

Hi folks, anyone else with this issue?

I noticed when I open the session and edit the audio/midi connections, Ardour doesn’t recognize these changes as edits and they thus don’t get saved. That might be the reason for this behaviour, although I am not sure.

I have tried to open a bug on this one in the tracker, but it doesn’t seem to be getting much traction, and it is really making my life difficult when I have to reconnect everything in the session every time I want to work with it.

Hope we can either find that I am doing something wrong, or find a bug that can get fixed.

Many Thanks
Martin

That’s tricky. One thing I’ve noticed is that using other audio applications can affect the connections. Say I have Yoshimi (standalone) running, and I try to open an Ardour session… Sometimes the connections get “cut”. That is, if the audio/midi lines are “busy”, Ardour is unable to connect normally.

Every time this has happened, I’ve had to manually reconnect everything. Reconnecting tracks is easy, when the metronome gets disconnected, that’s a bit trickier.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.