Audient ID14 MKII

Hi, does anyone have this interface working on linux? Is it advisable?
Thanks

It’s class compliant which means that on MacOS and on Linux you won’t need a driver - should work nicely. But have a look at the LinuxMusicians forum as well since this question is a more general one, not Ardour-related. See this thread for instance…
Hope that helps,
and cheers,
Wolfgang

Thanks. It seems a pretty nice audio interface, but I don’t like the lack of an actual hardware knob for adjusting the monitor blend. For windows users might be ok with the Audient software, but on Linux that would be a problem.

For now, I’m more for the SSL 2 or the MOTU M2 or M4. I want an upgrade from my old trusty MAudio FTPro. Better preamps and converters and the like.

I can vouch for the Behringer U-Phoria UMC1820 in Ardour on Linux, it works perfectly, has the hardware monitoring balance control you mention, the mic preamps sound fantastic; I can’t find fault with it.

Behringer has had a reputation for being “a bit cheap” at times but this interface is great.

There are smaller versions with fewer inputs that might suit you better, UMC204HD I think, which still do hardware monitoring. I might get one myself for recording out and about :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use the U-Phoria UMC404HD, and I bought it specifically because I’d be working on Linux, and wanted more hardware controls than some other interfaces have. It’s honesty been fantastic, I was nervous going for a Behringer, but I’ve been using it for about 5 months now and I’m stoked with how well it performs and how good recordings sound coming through it.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.