Ardour Won't work

Hi there,

I recently upgraded my Ardour version (was using the 5.12 version…) to the latest one.
Unfortunately I’m not able to launch the new version. Either way, the application won’t start (by freezing trying to open or just by closing itself).
This is my actual configuration :

config

Does anyone have a suggestion ?

Thanks

TR

Open a terminal window (in Applications/Utilities, or search spotlight for “Terminal”), then run

ARDOUR_BUNDLED=1 /Applications/Ardour6.app/Contents/MacOS/Ardour6

It may print some helpful output.

Hi, thanks for answering.
I ran the command but nothing special happens, it launchs ardour 6 (no changes of any kind).

Ardour freezes trying to open.

(I’m using the 64 bits version)

Please post the contents of the two files:

~/Library/Preferences/Ardour6/stdout.log

~/Library/Preferences/Ardour6/stderr.log

In case you are not familiar with the “~” convention, it means your “home folder”

Hi, that’s what I get :

Do you want me to set my machin in english ?

That doesn’t give any clues, unfortunately. There’s no known problem running in French, but sure, try switching to English and see if that changes anything.

It appears to me that it doesn’t change anything :confused:

Disabling MacOS AppNap
LANGUAGE set to fr_FR
Apple’s CoreFoundation API says that this user’s locale is fr_FR
Ardour6.6.0 (compilé avec 6.6 et GCC version 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5664))
Ardour: [INFO]: Votre système est configuré pour limiter Ardour à 10240 fichiers ouverts
Ardour: [INFO]: Chargement du fichier de configuration-système /Applications/Ardour6.app/Contents/Resources/system_config
Ardour: [INFO]: Chargement du fichier de configuration-utilisateur /Users/user/Library/Preferences/Ardour6/config
Ardour: [INFO]: CPU vendor: GenuineIntel
Ardour: [INFO]: CPU brand: Intel® Core™ i5-2415M CPU @ 2.30GHz
Ardour: [INFO]: Apple VecLib H/W specific optimizations in use
Ardour: [INFO]: Loading plugin meta data file /Applications/Ardour6.app/Contents/Resources/plugin_metadata/plugin_tags
Ardour: [INFO]: Chargement du fichier de style par défaut (/Applications/Ardour6.app/Contents/Resources/default_ui_config) pour l’interface graphique
Ardour: [INFO]: Chargement du fichier utilisateur de la configuration de l’interface graphique /Users/user/Library/Preferences/Ardour6/ui_config
Ardour: [INFO]: Loading 451 MIDI patches from /Applications/Ardour6.app/Contents/Resources/patchfiles
Ardour: [INFO]: Chargement du fichier de couleur /Applications/Ardour6.app/Contents/Resources/themes/dark-ardour.colors
Ardour: [INFO]: Chargement du fichier de configuration ui /Applications/Ardour6.app/Contents/Resources/clearlooks.rc
Ardour: [INFO]: Loading bindings from /Applications/Ardour6.app/Contents/Resources/ardour.keys
Chargement du fichier de configuration ui /Applications/Ardour6.app/Contents/Resources/clearlooks.rc
Scanning folders for bundled LV2s: /Applications/Ardour6.app/Contents/lib/LV2
loading from /Users/user/Desktop/test as test templ is_new 0 bp 0

Impossible d’installer le gestionnaire d’erreurs SIGPIPE
Found nothing along /Users/user/Library/Preferences/Ardour6/templates:/Applications/Ardour6.app/Contents/Resources/templates
Set cursor set to default

Did you logout and then back in after changing the language setting?

Does creating a new session work (instead of loading test from the desktop)?

Can you try a recently nightly build for a 2nd opinion:

Also perhaps try as a new user.

I didn’t log out, I’ll try it and post the content if there’s any result.

“Test” was a new session I just created for the occasion.
I’ll try the nightly version right now.

Still freezes by opening, the app does not respond.

Are you suggesting that I create a new account ?

worth a try.

There was a recent, report by a Mixbus (Ardour derivative) user that is not fully understood yet:

This file is causing problems:
~/Library/Preferences/.GlobalPreferences.plist

deleted it from User/Library/Preferences - after deleting that file
Mixbus works fine (finally!!!).

When I investigated the user’s file it turned out to be corrupt:

# plutil -lint /tmp/GlobalPreferences.plist
/tmp/GlobalPreferences.plist: Unexpected character b at line 1

But Ardour should not read that file in the first place, also other apps seem not to be affected. It is still a bit of a mystery.

I’ll try to create a new user account.
Sadly I deleted my previous version of Ardour which worked correctly installing the latest one… Getting back to Cubase for the moment until I can get it working again.
I have work to do on SuperCollider so … just changing a bit my planing !

Have a good evening, I’ll post my new results tomorrow and thanks again for your help tonight !

TR

Thanks for bearing with us so far, and sorry for the inconvenience.