Ardour won't start anymore

Hi everyone.
I’ using ardour 6.0.3 on AV linux 2020. It worked fine until i opened plug in in my track (don’t remember exactly the name of the effect but it was an LV2 reverb) and ardour crashed.

Now if i try to open ardour again it starts but i can’t see anything. I remove and re-installed but nothing change.

As you can see now my ardour starts with this different window

but after the scan for plug in it simply disappear and i can’t find it in any workspace, and neither in taskmaanger activity.

Possibly Ardour’s config or preferences got messed up in the crash?

Perhaps try to move it out of the way and start over:

mv ~/.config/ardour6/  ~/.config/ardour6.old

It also looks like some color files cannot be loaded. Could you start Ardour from a terminal-window and post the output that’s shown there?

wow thank you very much, it works!

If it can be useful here is the result of the terminal if i try to open ardour in it:

>   Ardour6.3.0 (built using 6.3 and GCC version 6.3.0 20170516)
Ardour: [INFO]: Your system is configured to limit Ardour to 1048576 open files
Ardour: [INFO]: Loading system configuration file /opt/Ardour-6.3.0/etc/system_config
Ardour: [INFO]: Loading user configuration file /home/andrea/.config/ardour6/config
Ardour: [INFO]: CPU vendor: GenuineIntel
Ardour: [INFO]: CPU brand: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU         650  @ 3.20GHz
Ardour: [INFO]: Using SSE optimized routines
Ardour: [INFO]: Loading plugin meta data file /opt/Ardour-6.3.0/share/plugin_metadata/plugin_tags
Cannot xinstall SIGPIPE error handler
Ardour: [INFO]: Loading default ui configuration file /opt/Ardour-6.3.0/etc/default_ui_config
Ardour: [INFO]: Loading user ui configuration file /home/andrea/.config/ardour6/ui_config
Ardour: [INFO]: Loading 449 MIDI patches from /opt/Ardour-6.3.0/share/patchfiles
Ardour: [INFO]: Loading color file /opt/Ardour-6.3.0/share/themes/dark-ardour.colors
Ardour: [INFO]: Loading ui configuration file /opt/Ardour-6.3.0/etc/clearlooks.rc
Ardour: [INFO]: Loading bindings from /opt/Ardour-6.3.0/etc/ardour.keys
Loading ui configuration file /opt/Ardour-6.3.0/etc/clearlooks.rc
Found nothing along /home/andrea/.config/ardour6/templates:/opt/Ardour-6.3.0/share/templates

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.