ardour vst (rev 4839) not load vst plugins

Hi,

ardour 4839 can run linux native vst plugins, I’m right?

I’ve copy the .so vst in /usr/local/lib/vst

but ardourvst doesn’t load any vst plugin

I have compiled ardour with: scons VST=1 LV2=1

and the version is rev 4839 from the svn

the stdout is:

ardour: [INFO]: Using SSE optimized routines Warning: Unable to create "trees" RDF storage. Performance can be improved by upgrading librdf. ardour: [ERROR]: LADSPA: cannot load module "/usr/lib/ladspa/adenv.so" (/usr/lib/ladspa/adenv.so: undefined symbol: log) ardour: [ERROR]: LADSPA: cannot load module "/usr/lib/ladspa/power_4400.so" (/usr/lib/ladspa/power_4400.so: undefined symbol: powf) ardour: [ERROR]: LADSPA: cannot load module "/usr/lib/ladspa/dahdsr_fexp.so" (/usr/lib/ladspa/dahdsr_fexp.so: undefined symbol: log) ardour: [ERROR]: LADSPA: cannot load module "/usr/lib/ladspa/dahdsr_hexp.so" (/usr/lib/ladspa/dahdsr_hexp.so: undefined symbol: log) ardour: [ERROR]: LADSPA: cannot load module "/usr/lib/ladspa/hz_voct_4200.so" (/usr/lib/ladspa/hz_voct_4200.so: undefined symbol: logf) ardour: [ERROR]: LADSPA: cannot load module "/usr/lib/ladspa/adenv_lvl.so" (/usr/lib/ladspa/adenv_lvl.so: undefined symbol: log) ardour: [INFO]: detecting VST plugins along /usr/local/lib/vst:/usr/lib/vst ardour: [INFO]: looking for control protocols in /home/lorcas/.ardour2/surfaces/:/usr/local/lib/ardour2/surfaces/ ardour: [INFO]: Control surface protocol discovered: "Mackie" ardour: [INFO]: Control surface protocol discovered: "Generic MIDI" powermate: Opening of powermate failed - No existe el fichero ó directorio ardour: [INFO]: Control protocol powermate not usable Gtk-Message: (for origin information, set GTK_DEBUG): failed to retrieve property `GtkWidget::cursor-color' of type `GdkColor' from rc file value "((GString*) 0x77b5c260)" of type `GString' loading bindings from /usr/local/etc/ardour2/mnemonic-us.bindings Loading session /home/lorcas/Backup/Music/morena using snapshot morena (1) Loading history from '/home/lorcas/Backup/Music/morena/morena.history'. Gtk-Message: (for origin information, set GTK_DEBUG): failed to retrieve property `GtkTreeView::odd-row-color' of type `GdkColor' from rc file value "((GString*) 0x77b5c270)" of type `GString' Gtk-Message: (for origin information, set GTK_DEBUG): failed to retrieve property `GtkWidget::cursor-color' of type `GdkColor' from rc file value "((GString*) 0x77b76d60)" of type `GString'

(ardour_vst.exe.so:17387): Gtk-WARNING **: GtkSpinButton: setting an adjustment with non-zero page size is deprecated

(ardour_vst.exe.so:17387): Gtk-WARNING **: GtkSpinButton: setting an adjustment with non-zero page size is deprecated

(ardour_vst.exe.so:17387): Gtk-WARNING *: GtkSpinButton: setting an adjustment with non-zero page size is deprecated
Gtk-Message: (for origin information, set GTK_DEBUG): failed to retrieve property GtkTreeView::even-row-color' of typeGdkColor’ from rc file value "((GString
) 0x70e67d50)" of type `GString’

P.S. Sorry for my bad english

Did you set VST_PATH ? /usr/local/lib/vst is not on the default VST path. Perhaps it should be …

Ardour does not support “linuxVST” plugins. We have no plans to add support for this at the present time.

Are you sure Paul? At least my svn4687 does and I don’t have any VST_PATH set : ardour: [INFO]: detecting VST plugins along /usr/local/lib/vst:/usr/lib/vst
And his printout also show the same thing (the first INFO efter the ERROR)

On that note I’d vote for including ~/vst or ~/.vst in the default path.

I took the mda plugins from http://www.linux-vst.com/ and put some in my VST_PATH and they didn’t load for me either, so I guess in gaining WindowsVST we’ve lost LinuxVST

Yes, win32VST is working fine, but linuxVST not.

both are in the same path /usr/local/lib/vst/

else to add, LV2 plugins with own gui, doesn’t have bypass button

True (it might possibly be a LV2 definition thing though) but you can always middle-click on the plugin in the mixer strip to bypass it.

ops… Sorry

Saludos!