Ardour Rhythm Ferret

Hello,
the recording and mixing work for our band smarc.de :slight_smile: was done in the past with Mac and Garageband.
My task is to evaluate the DAW ardour for that purpose .
My 1st conclusion is that i’am mostly impressd of using and features from ardour.
Congratulaion for that fine pice of software.

At the moment there is one little issue with Rhythm Ferret.
Ubuntu Studio (9.10) 32bit with actual kernel

uname -a

Linux t500 2.6.31-9-rt #152-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT RT Thu Oct 15 05:01:14 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux
and Ardour 2.8.2 installed via apt-get install from the Ubuntu repostorys.

When I try to user Rhytem Ferret on a particuar region, thw windows Rhytm Ferret appears but by clicking on Apply oder Analyse RF and Ardour crashes with:
Vamp::HostExt::PluginLoader: Unable to load library “/usr/lib/ardour2/vamp/libardourvampplugins.so”: /usr/lib/ardour2/vamp/libardourvampplugins.so: undefined symbol: _ZTIN11_VampPlugin4Vamp17PluginAdapterBaseE

glibmm-ERROR **:
unhandled exception (type std::exception) in signal handler:
what: failed constructor

By searching for this messages i found several posts but no solution how to fix this.

Is there any hope that this will be fixed in the next Ubuntu Studio version 10.4?

Thank you for any help.

andreas

@smarc: this is a known problem with the Ubuntu package of Ardour (yet another one). I am not advocating this as a solution for you, but I will note that people who have built Ardour themselves, even on Ubuntu, do not have this issue. In addition, Ardour 2.8.2 is really quite old at this point - there are many, many important bug fixes in the releases between that and the current 2.8.7 release. Most distributions do a really terrible job of keeping up with fast moving software that they do not control themselves. This is just such a case.

try the package from this ppa:

https://launchpad.net/~philip5/+archive/extra

Hello Paul,
thank u for this information.
Unfortenately I build up the newest version of ardour following http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Ardour/Kompilieren wihout use the lv2core und SLV2 stuff. Same result as mentioned before.

Is there a recomendation of using a special Unix distri?

Caoperia: Is it your experience that this version will work fine with RF?

Thanks for your comments

BTW: Paul I hope you like that we set a link to ardour on www.smarc.de, otherwise let me know.

Wie geht’s smarc?

i tried it out with the package from the PPA and yes, it works, analyzing and apply

BTW: this package is built with LV2 support too

Thx the PPA stuff works fine so far :slight_smile:
Keep on rocking…