Ardour Pro 2.8.6 for Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic (With and Without VST support), Matching Themes, and an Audio/VIdeo menu

Hi !

I’m using your binaries for ardour pro, everything works very good except for the lv2 support, when i try most of the plugins I get this error (from the console)

Unable to open library /usr/lib/lv2/filter.lv2/filter.so (/usr/lib/lv2/filter.lv2/filter.so: undefined symbol: sqrtf)

Sometimes other symbols are undefined but always related to math… I’m quite sure I have some lib missing, can you please point me in any direction ?

Really apreciate your hard work !

Cheers,
Leandro

http://dickmacinnis.com/DreamOS/binary/libslv2-9_0.6.2-0ubuntu1~ppa6_i386.deb

that should do it, it works fine for me as long as this is installed. Keep an eye on the forum for new packages for Lucid, sometime this afternoon…

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I’m using Karmic and I have that package installed in my system… I really don’t remember if I took it from some ppa or it’s included in Karmic repositories… i belive the latter…

I’ll tried reinstalling it with the package that u’ve provided but no luck whatsoever… any other idea ?

thanks !
Leandro.

Leandro: not sure what to say, everything works fine here; I’ve been using this build daily for work…

Ok, thanks anyway, I’ll ask in the forum !

I’ve downloaded the VST-package and tried to install it on Ubuntu 10.04 . I get an error that it is dependent on liblo0ldbl (>= 0.23). I even see it in synaptic, but it isn’t possible to install.
Or is there another easy way to use VST in 10.04 with Ardour2.8.6?

If anyone here is using 10.04 Ubuntu, you should download and install the following file :

http://dickmacinnis.com/dream/pool/main/d/dream-repository/dream-repository_1.0_all.deb

This will add my new repository, which includes a ton of files you may be intersted in. I'm trying to make a custom distro DVD as we speak containing all this stuff, so keep your eyes out on this and other forums

DickMacInnis.com

macinnisrr,

Congrats! Best of luck with your distro!

thanks GMaq! By the way, I really liked AVlinux when I tried it (in fact I got into packaging by taking apart a couple of your packages and reworking them for Ubuntu)! keep up the good work.

DickMacInnis.com

I installed your repository in ubuntu 10.04… How can i see which files are there and what are they about?

tx

If you open Synaptic (under System->Administration-.>Synaptic Package Manager) you should hit the “Reload” button (top left corner of the window). Once Synaptic is done updating your package lists, click on the “Origin” button (bottom left, third from the top). If you’ve done that, you should see a list of all the internet sources including some that say “www.dickmacinnis.com”. Click on either of these to see a list of all the packages in the repository, and click on the package names to see what they are.

Have Fun!
DickMacInnis.com

Mhm, no luck for 64-bit users, right?