Ardour on Lion?

Hi!

I’m trying out various DAWs for the Mac, and being a Linux user in addition to Mac, I looked at Ardour. Ardour requires Jack, but when I went to the JackOSX page, I saw this:

PLEASE NOTE THAT WE HAVE JUST NOTED SOME MAJOR ISSUES REGARDING JACK OS X ON 10.7.X (LION) SYSTEMS.
Since I'm on Lion, am I out of luck? I'm wanting to use the latest stable, not the beta.

Paul, you rock!!! :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Josh

Hello,

I´m absolutely new to OSX/Mac ( since yesterday),
i´m new to ardour and in the same boat as the original poster, i am trying out some DAWs,
and i´m a computer idiot.
Whould you say i can try out Jack too or should i wait. ( also on Lion ) ?
I have NO clue what problems can occour on a Mac, resp. how easy or how hard it would be to deinstall something.

I have Mixbus running on a lab with 8 Lion computers and once I got everything up to the latest version it worked fine. I would say Ardour should be in a similar situation with 2.8.12 is my suspicion.

Seablade

Make sure you use the latest release of JackOSX, if I recall correctly that should work. Or let me put it this way, there may be issues but I also have a lab of 8 computers running Lion with Mixbus and Jack right now.

Seablade
       I Running Mixbus under Lion and works just fine. I've used Ardour under Linux  too. But before installing Mixbus 2.0.7, I went on line and downloaded the latest version of Jack OS.  The only mistake I made was starting Jack without Ardour (which what I used to do under Open 64 Studio).  I had a crash but I rebooted the system and started Ardour and it took care of Jack.  
       Anyway, after rebooting is worked just fine. I using UAD-2 duo and it indeed worked just fine too!!! Last night I've remixed a solo for voice and piano (Ligit stuff) that was originally under CUBASe. Under Ardour/Mixbus, sounded way better (at least for my taste for analogic consoles that I grew up hearing). 
      I haven't done any recording under Ardour/Mixbus yet, but I'm pretty sure for what I do (i.e. Chamber music, solo, Jazz ensemble, Orchestra, and opera) I will sound great!

Thanks all