Ardour Fails To Install

I just purchased Ardour 6.9 but the code fails to compile and install. I get a message saying that the file has some invalid characters. I’m running Linux Mint 21. I’ve tried to install it twice now but I don’t want to end up corrupting the code. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Could it be that you have double-clicked the .run installer (which opens in a text-editor)?

see https://ardour.org/first_time_linux.html

In a Terminal window, call

/bin/sh ~/Downloads/Ardour-6.9.0-x86_64-gcc5.run

Alternatively you could mark the file executable (right-click > permissions) and then run it.

1 Like

Thank you very much Robin. I’m very new to Linux. The code you provided has installed it. I think I did double click the .run installer. I’ve only been using Linux for a few days. I’ll need to read more Linux instructional material and watch some tutorial videos.

Once again, many thanks for your help.

Thank you very much Robin. I’m very new to Linux. The code you provided has installed it. I think I did double click the .run installer. I’ve only been using Linux for a few days. I’ll need to read more Linux instructional material and watch some tutorial videos.

Once again, many thanks for your help.

John

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.