Ardour exports flatline WAV file, no playhead movement through file

I sent a link to the Ardour 6 version of this project.
You should have access. I will check my gmail account in case
any issues. Thank you.

Thanks. I have received it, and I can reproduce the bug with Ardour 7.4-302. ā€“ Iā€™ll investigate.

OK I found the issue, have a solution, but I cannot explain how this could have happened.

The default Session export was marked as ā€œRegion Export With Fadesā€. To fix this Iā€™ve edited the .ardour session file and replaced

ExportChannelConfiguration split="0" channels="2" region-processing="Fades">

with

<ExportChannelConfiguration split="0" channels="2" region-processing="None"> 

The fixed session file can be found at: http://robin.linuxaudio.org/tmp/LowDown4.ardour

Thank you for finding the cause of this problem and providing solution. It was getting difficult not being able to export and not being able to explain exactly why. There is always more to learn about Ardour.
Much appreciated!

Hi Robin.
All has been well until I was asked to provide every available export format from same project now running Ardour 7.2.0~ds0 ā€œWrong Way Upā€ (rev 7.2.0~ds0-2~bpo22.04.1~ppa1). This is from Ubuntu repo.
Choosing CD (Red Book) causes exact same problem at top of this thread; loss of one channel of output in export menu, stationary play head during export and an export empty file.
I backup the Ardour file before every session so didnā€™t get burnt this time.
I will poke around some more and add any info that might be helpful.

I suspect that perhaps one of your export profiles (~/.config/ardour7/export) somehow was changed to enable region-processing.

Starting with Ardour 7.5 loading such profiles will unset the flag for default session export.

Robin
Looking at the config files for Ardour6 (the version with original problem)
no export files in the .config/Ardour6/export include a region-processing element or attribute.
Having no issues with Ardour 7.

Sorry to report this issue has returned using Ardour 7.5.0~ds ā€œNeroliā€
I selected CD RedBook, which I have not touched for weeks & export problem with all symptoms returns. All above screen shots are apply; 1 channel only shown on Export Tab3 and no playhead movement, just a timeline expands & empty WAV file. Other functionality is OK.

I have the text showing before and after content of -ExportProfile- which I can email to you.
Your original fixes donā€™t seem to apply now but I was able to restore this section from backup and resolve issue.

Does selecting CD Red Book cause same issue for others?
Selecting it will always break export function for me. Strange.
I have to backup session files to be able to recover export function using -ExportProfile- XML section.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.