Ardour cannot create Session?

And I’ve found that I tend to disagree with you on everything. I’ve been down that path in the past… I’m not even going too discuss the topic, I don’t feel like it. Just say no to old software. It’s neither stable nor a good base for newer software, and I’m not even talking about the new features which tend to be very highly desirable. Sometimes there are problems when you are on the edge, it’s true, but they’re nothing compared with the headaches I’ve had trying to run “stable versions”. I only use and recommend current software.

Anyway:
-14.04 is an LTS
-This is not a version problem because the thread has been here since a few versions of everything ago

Xperienced: it is absolutely NOT a packaging problem related to Ardour. If you get on IRC, we could possibly figure out what is going on. My handle there is “las”. But I will never try to get into problems like this on a web forum - it is a ridiculous medium for such things.

And I've found that I tend to disagree with you on everything

Sorry for wasting your time, you’re absolutely right of course, I know nothing.

@previous comment made my day = LMAO :))

14.04 hasnt even been released to the general public yet. Essentially you are beta testing new software.

sorry, i just found it. its a daily build meaning it is constantly being updated to fix bugs and problems. Things change daily.

but its still not considered to be a stable release. Daily builds are for testing purposes.

Okay guys discussion has come back now :wink: Anyway i don´t think, that someone has to hurry about compatibility and that stuff – things are changing, no problem :wink:
@ Paul: I will give it another try http://jackaudio.org/linux_rt_config but i already tried it once and still it didn´t work (i mentioned this above).

I just think that there is some bug in Ardour3 because in Ardour2 (which I am currently using) Ardour works without any problem with realtime…So does anyone have some suggestions?

Thx anyway …

Instead of posting on a web forum, why don’t you get on IRC where we can debug the issue in real time?

Not sure if it will help but I had a similar issue as described in the OP when I built a ‘Beyond Linux From Scratch’ system and I found it had something to do with PAM and the login manager. Can’t remember how I fixed it but it had something to do with with the pam module that handled the login manager. I was using the Slim login manager at the time. I redid the module and rebooted and it worked after that. Can’t remember what I did exactly but might be something to look into if you can’t figure out what it is.

I was having this same issue on 14.04 and Ardour 3.5.357. I followed the steps here: http://jackaudio.org/linux_rt_config and it works now. I hope that helps someone out. :smiley:

For everybody who wasn’t able to fix the issue of Ardour not starting when Jack is in RealTime: it could depend on your distribution but for me on Fedora22 I had to put session required pam_limits.so somewhere at the end of the file /etc/pam.d/login as described by Pablo here: http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2607 i hope that helps :wink: Enjoying Ardour4 now! (well first I need to figure out how to get rid of all those xRuns :D)