Ardour And VCV Rack Pro 2

Anyone have Ardour and VCV working together?

Have you tried Cardinal, the plugin wrapping VCV Rack, yet? GitHub - DISTRHO/Cardinal: Virtual modular synthesizer plugin

On Which OS are you interested to use Rack With Ardour? the VST2 plugin of Rack?

I have now. :sunglasses: Thank you. I’ll check it out.

I have used many different distros. Debian would be my first choice but am open to what works best for VCV Rack.

I am using VCV Rack Pro 2.1.2 on Windows 10 Pro 21H2. Have Ableton Live Lite 11.0.12.

Understand, I am very new to this world but have listen to Klaus, Tangerine Dream and many, many others now, since the '70’s. Very excited to learn!

In this case, Rack comes as VST2 plugin. Unlike VST3 you have to tell Ardour where the plugin was installed to, and then scan it (once).

In Ardour: Menu > Window > Plugin Manager

Bottom left there is Preferences > VST2 Path, you can add the location where the plugin was installed (usually something like C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2). Then click “Discover New/Updated” plugins.

After that the you can load the plugin in the mixer (right-click or double-click in the processor box of any track).

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.