Ardour and Mixbus crashing at boot

I am using Mixbus 2.4 and Ardour 2 on AVLinux 6. Both programs crash trying to load sessions, with the following output for each track in the session:

unknown source port in attempted connection [ardour:Vox 2/out 1]

and then:

subgraph starting at ardour timed out (subgraph_wait_fd=9, status = 0, state = Triggered, pollret = 0 revents = 0x0)
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 1864.423 msecs

I have JACK set to 2000 msecs timeout - were it 5000, the xrun would be about that value instead.

Any suggestions of where I should begin trying to solve this?

Thanks so much—

another piece of possibly salient information: there are sessions which Ardour will load that Mixbus will not. There is no problem opening certain sessions or creating new ones.

The sessions which do load come with this error message:

[ERROR]: AudioEngine: cannot connect Vox/out 1 (ardour:Vox/out 1) to ardour:master/in 1 (ardour:master/in 1)
[ERROR]: AudioEngine: cannot connect Piano Bass/out 2 (ardour:Piano Bass/out 2) to ardour:master/in 2 (ardour:master/in 2)
[INFO]: Loading session /media/sda5/home/kip/Recording/Follow Day Tracking using snapshot Follow Day Tracking (1)
Loading history from ‘/media/sda5/home/kip/Recording/Follow Day Tracking/Follow Day Tracking.history’.

http://ardour.org/debugging_ardour

Oh wait, Ardour 2.x … that URL is not relevant there. This will be hard to debug.

With not too much work, I was able to get back to where I was before these problems started, and it hasn’t happened during tracking (Ardour) or Mixing (Mixbus) today, so I’m going to cross my fingers and hope that configuring sessions not to automatically connect to physical inputs will keep this from happening again. For the record, I may have somehow screwed up the buggy sessions by opening them under Ubuntu, by ending an unresponsive Mixbus which froze during export.

All’s well that ends well. Save and snapshot often!