Ardour and Jack crash after an export

Sorry if this was the wrong place, but I would need to know if it’s only me who experiences this issue.

After exporting a session, both in version 2.8.1 and in 2.8.3, Ardour is unable to play anything. It is also impossibile to close the app without killing its process.
Jack (both jackd and qjackctl) behaves the same after any export.

The terminal gives this:

Start export at pos = 0
Everybdy is at 0
Export … not running or at end, no_roll() for 4096

And then nothing until I force the program to shut down.

My system specs:
Ubuntu Karmic beta 64bit
AMD Athlon X2 5600+

What type of audio interface are you using? If a firewire-based interface, what version of FFADO are you using?

No, it is a USB audio card. It happens either with a LEM Mixer USB or with a Creative X-Fi 5.1.
I have just tested if the internal soundcard (Realtek HD) works fine, but no, the problem remains the same.

Still here with v2.8.12

I realize this is an old post, but I’m experiencing this same issue today, with current software.

I’m running yesterday’s daily build of Ubuntustudio 12.04:
Kernel 3.2.0-20-lowlatency AMD_64
New firewire stack
jackdmp 1.9.8
VIA firewire controller VT6306/7/8(rev 80)
Focusrite Pro26IO
qjackctl 0.3.8
Ardour 2.8.12 build 10144

Whenever I do an export, whether it is an ‘export range’ or ‘export entire session’, I hear clicks and pops from my monitors just as the export begins, and then after the export, Ardour is totally unresponsive. Qjackctl still appears as if jack is running, but a search of ps aux | grep jackd in a terminal window indicates that it is gone.
At this point, I have to kill ardour and qjackctl, and I must reboot the machine before I can again start jack with the firewire driver. I am able to restart qjackctl, and jack will start if I select the ALSA driver.

I’m getting the same error when I try to export all the ranges. I’m using Ubuntu 11.10 right now. It doesn’t seem to be a jackd issue, since the exact same thing happens when I use the dummy driver or alsa.

Oddly enough, when I go through each range and manually select export, it seems to work just fine. That’s a bit of a pain, of course…