Ardour 8.10 error while compiling

Hello, everyone.

I know this isn’t officially supported, but I would really appreciate if someone could lend me a hand.
I’ve been trying to compile Ardour on Windows using MinGW for the last two years, and I always ran into the same error.

I read all the posts regarding this, mainly the ones by Fabrizio Del Tin (Windows cross build, Windows native compilation), so I’m aware of the fact that the official Windows builds are cross-compiled, but I couldn’t get that to work either.

When I try to compile using MinGW I get the following error:

[ 74/1773] Linking build/libs/pbd/pbd.dll
C:/ardour/msys64/mingw64/bin/…/lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/14.2.0/…/…/…/…/x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: libs/pbd/pbd.cc.2.o: in function PBD::init()': C:\ardour\msys64\home\user\ardour\8.10\build/../libs/pbd/pbd.cc:89:(.text+0x10b): undefined reference to Glib::thread_supported()’
C:/ardour/msys64/mingw64/bin/…/lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/14.2.0/…/…/…/…/x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: C:\ardour\msys64\home\user\ardour\8.10\build/…/libs/pbd/pbd.cc:90:(.text+0x11c): undefined reference to `Glib::thread_init(_GThreadFunctions*)’
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

And when I try to cross-compile on a Debian VM using tools/x-win/compile.sh it tells me that it can’t find the Boost library. I already installed it using apt install libboost-dev, but I’m pretty sure that’s the linux version and I don’t know how to install a version compatible with MinGW on Linux.

Does anybody know how to get any of this working?