Ardour 7 Windows - No Sound Output

I’ve been testing Ardour 7 on Windows 10 and have not been able to produce sound from the master out channels. i checked the ASIO configuration as well as the master out connections and all appears well. I double checked my Ardour 6 installation to see if it was affected but it works fine.

Are you using the same settings in Menu > Window > Audio/MIDI Setup in Ardour 6 and 7?

Are you perhaps running both Ardour 6 and 7 at the same time? In which case only one can use the soundcard, but not both at the same time.

When you play, does the master-bus level meter in the mixer-strip show a signal?

Is the master-bus output connected?

Robin,

I am using the same settings for Menu > Window >Audio/Midi Setup in Ardour 6 and 7.

Also, I am not running Ardour 6 and 7 at the same time.

When I play a session, the master-bus level in the mixer strip shows a signal.

I have verified that the master bus output is connected.

Have you verified the audio interface you told Ardour to use in the audio/MIDI setup window? Is the master out connected to the device?

Attached are my setup windows for Audio/Midi, ASIO4ALL, and Master Output.

It turns out that I had to go to the ASIO4ALL advanced configuration to solve this issue. Below is a screenshot in case someone encounters this problem.

What did you have to change?

I had to go to the advanced view, then expand the device tree so that Realtek HDA SPDIF Out was exposed, then select that device.