Ardour 7 Windows - No Sound Output

I’ve been testing Ardour 7 on Windows 10 and have not been able to produce sound from the master out channels. i checked the ASIO configuration as well as the master out connections and all appears well. I double checked my Ardour 6 installation to see if it was affected but it works fine.

Are you using the same settings in Menu > Window > Audio/MIDI Setup in Ardour 6 and 7?

Are you perhaps running both Ardour 6 and 7 at the same time? In which case only one can use the soundcard, but not both at the same time.

When you play, does the master-bus level meter in the mixer-strip show a signal?

Is the master-bus output connected?

Robin,

I am using the same settings for Menu > Window >Audio/Midi Setup in Ardour 6 and 7.

Also, I am not running Ardour 6 and 7 at the same time.

When I play a session, the master-bus level in the mixer strip shows a signal.

I have verified that the master bus output is connected.

Have you verified the audio interface you told Ardour to use in the audio/MIDI setup window? Is the master out connected to the device?

Attached are my setup windows for Audio/Midi, ASIO4ALL, and Master Output.

It turns out that I had to go to the ASIO4ALL advanced configuration to solve this issue. Below is a screenshot in case someone encounters this problem.

What did you have to change?

I had to go to the advanced view, then expand the device tree so that Realtek HDA SPDIF Out was exposed, then select that device.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.