Ardour 7 cannot load the newly saved session

After binding the control surface in a new session, and saving it, when I try to open it again, I get the error: unexpected exception during session setup: tri_bad_weak_ptr

I think this is a long standing issue caused when binding MIDI pitch-bend to some control parameter.

If I remember correctly the [only?] way to recover from this is to edit the .ardour session file in a text editor and either

• make the generic-midi ctrl surface as disabled
    or
  • remove the binding

Ref: 0008911: Session doesn't load (ERROR: Unexpected exception during session setup: tr1::bad_weak_ptr) - MantisBT

In my case it’s about fader/volume, encoder/pan and mute button/mute, not about pitch-bend.
So I understand that I can’t use controll surface?..
Or every time I open a session I have to use learn midi bind, then disable controll surface before saving?

Maybe this is a different issue… Let’s take a step back:

Are you using a MIDI control surface and MIDI learn?

Yes, I am… midi controller Impulse 49 with generic midi, but it doesn’t work until I use midi learn (ctrl+Middle click).

I manage to assign midi bind, it works fine, the problem is that after I close the session, when I reopen it, I get the error. It is not possible that every time I open the session file in the text editor, modify it there, then open the session and assign midi bind again.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.