Into one of my previous posts (Link) I complained that Ardour was having trouble getting some VST3 plugins to work properly. I do not deny that it had saddened me to such an extent that I let it all go.
Two days ago, after just over three hours of compiling the Ardour source code, I finally got to version 7.4.25 (The Shutov Assembly). Finally everything seems to work for the best.
I know that it is not a priority by developers to support VST plugins and everything that comes from the Windows world. So seeing that, in such a short time, certain problems have already been solved, it goes without saying that this thing left me ecstatic.
ps. The reference image attached shows one of the plugins that I use in the study and songwriting phase.
Even to me it seems there’s no difference with 7.4.0 but I see Ardour put less load on the DSP when working with Jack audio system than with ALSA (32% with Jack vs 45% with ALSA), no Xruns both the instances. Can you confirm?
BTW Thank you for your hard work to constantly improve this great software.
I can’t say about the difference between the current release 7.4.0 and 7.4.25 cause prior to compile this build I was still on 7.2 from git. I’ve been aware that something have been fixed with VST3, cause I read that news among the comments in the forum. So I thought: “is time to compile again”. From my side it fixes a crucial thing. Talking about a specific plugin like EZ-Drummer 3 now It open correctly and works as expected. Thank you again and thank you for the Black_Pearl_4_LV2. I would love to see a specific Metal drum kit in the future. Would be awesome!
No, I updated with success to the last versions. Actually with Wine version 8.7 (Staging) and Yabridge host version 5.0.5. Everything works great. I noticed also even less memory drain. Ardour is more than superb right now. I can’t be more satisfied. Thanks for asking