Ardour 6: Build error

Hi everybody,

i’m new to this list, not new using Ardour (for something like advanced recording).

I’m a linux user since the mid 90s …and have some experience, what i like is the OpenSource-concept.

Whenever it’s possible i try to build essential programs (and ardour is one of it) from source.

Ardour is a hard one as it is not possible to build because of the following error message:

– snipp –
[ 707/1221] Linking build/tools/bb/bb
libs/ardour/libardour.so: Warnung: undefinierter Verweis auf »fftwf_make_planner_thread_safe«
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Waf: Leaving directory `/opt/make/Ardour-6.3.0/build’
Build failed
-> task in ‘bb’ failed with exit status 1 (run with -v to display more information)
– snipp –
“undefinierter Verweis auf” means “undefined reference to”

The necessary libraries are definitely installed, ardour links with libfftw3f.so.3:

— snipp –
harry@HRLUBUNTU:/usr/local/lib/ardour6$ ldd ardour-6.3.0 |grep fft
libfftw3f.so.3 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfftw3f.so.3 (0x00007ff27ebb0000)

harry@HRLUBUNTU:/usr/local/lib/ardour6$ ls -1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfftw3f*
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfftw3f.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfftw3f.so.3
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfftw3f.so.3.5.7
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfftw3f_threads.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfftw3f_threads.so.3
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfftw3f_threads.so.3.5.7
– snipp –

The threaded library is in the same directory …

I even tried to force using libfftw3f_threads.so by hacking all wscript-files
this way:

— snipp—
if bld.is_defined(‘HAVE_FFTW35F’) and bld.env[‘build_target’] != ‘mingw’:
bld.env[‘LIB_FFTW3F’] += [‘fftw3f_threads’]
— snipp—

My system:
Lubuntu 18.04, Tryin to compile ardour 6.x

So, can someone tell me the trick how to finish the build including

You’ve apparently tried to Compile beatbox test app, just don’t use --beatbox when configuring Ardour.

@lsdfjksdjfh please If you can’t help, don’t hinder. just blindly posting instructions that don’t apply is really bad practice. Have you even read the report?

2 Likes

Thanks it worked.
What was/is the problem with beatbox ?

Best regards

That configuration option does not affect Ardour itself.

bb is a 3+ year old developer tool to investigate layouts, prototype and experiment with [MIDI] timing in a separate dedicated application.

It has not been used in quite some time and would have to be updated; but more likely is that it will be removed after 7.x when most of it has been integrated into Ardour itself.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.