Ardour 6.9 cannot connect via firewire on macOS 12.1

On my intel based MacBook Pro with macOS 12.1, I cannot connect via firewire to my Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2 mixer. Prior to upgrading from macOS 11, the connection worked fine.

Any ideas about how to resolve this issue?

Can anything connect to it? For instance GarageBand?

GarageBand can “see” the mixer, but doesn’t play back to the mixer. GB can be configured to output to the mixer, but no signal reaches it. Ardour cannot be configured send to or receive from the mixer.

Can you check Apple’s “Audio & MIDI Setup”… Is the device shown there?

Perhaps create an “Aggregate Device” and ask Ardour to use that instead. – Even Though “Aggregates” are intended to consist of more than one device, you can also use it with only a single device (and optionally map channels). Perhaps that can work around the issues you’re seeing:

Finally was able to get Ardour to playback through my Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2 mixer but am not receiving any audio from the mixer. Both input and output connections show in the Audio MIDI Connections panel, but no audio signal is received by Ardour.

If Apple’s Garageband has issues, all other audio software will likewise be affected.

In any case, you’re not alone. Search the web for “firewire audio macOS Monterey” … many vendors are affected by this. RME, MOTU, Focusrite … solutions vary.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.