Hey, nice release! Keep it up.
Just an observation, I had some very old ardour sessions (2.X or 3.X) which I started to resurrect and want to refine now that I’ve got the time (life got in the way for so long, crazy!)
They open fine but I guess, some minor issues are to be expected. The most visible ones relate to sends. I understand that ardour 6 has 2 types, external and aux. I perfectly understand the diff since I’ve been using ardour 6 with newer sessions started with it. But sends from old sessions are not working. I figured it’s because the their audio ports have been wiped. So when I double click on it, the routing matrix show grey squares that are not responding to mouse clicks:
To remedy the situation, I have to turn off the “Show individual ports” option:
Then I can add an audio port and turn on the “Show individual ports” option:
So the question is whether it is a limitation of the ardour session file conversion from 2.X to 6.8 or some underlying bug. If the latter, I can file a bug in the tracker.
Anyway, good momentum, look forward to v7