Ardour 6.6 is released

Ardour 6.6 is released. This is primarily a maintenance release, although it does include several new features, including auto-show of touched parameters, tuning possibilities and keeping track of x-runs during recording.

For more details, please read the whole release announcement .

Download as usual from https://ardour.org/download

27 Likes

Nice release, thanks! :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Paul,many thanks for new version Ardour and best regards from Naples ( Italy) :grinning:

Gennaro

1 Like

Hey, many thanks from Australia :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

Currently working on my 2nd CD to be released via cdBaby. first CD ,

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the new version, it seems like it comes with many improvements :slight_smile:
That new automation feature looks great !

1 Like

Many thanks Paul.

Are you Rick Beato’s twin? :wink:

Cheers,

Keith

2 Likes

Hah. Rick and I are about the same age, but unrelated (so far). He’s an infinitely better musician than me, but I understand the relationship between modes and scales much better than he does. Full credit to the man though, 2M YT subscribers from a channel featuring an oldish white dude rambling on about the music he listened to between 17 and 35 is very impressive!

5 Likes

Hi, thanks so much again for keeping on improving this software that to my opinion does almost everyting it should quit well already. One question though before I install 6.6:
After installing 6.5, I had major problems with plugin presets missing after reopening projects. This was fortunately repaired in nightly build 5.5.51, that I use up till today. I didn’t see this bug-repair in the bug fixes list of 6.6. Can you confirm all the repairs of nightly build 6.5.51 “Old Land” (rev 6.5-51-g38c3199) are adopted in 6.6. (I use quit a lot of presets;-) Se bug and fix ropert below.
Thanks and regards

Reported By: Hans Flikkema
Assigned To: x42
*====================================================================== *
Project: ardour
Issue ID: 8497
Category: bugs
Tags: lv2 saving settings plugins 6.5
Reproducibility: always
Resolution: fixed
*Fixed in Version: *
*====================================================================== *
Date Submitted: 2020-12-13 17:27 CET

Yes, our development process is linear.
Ardour 6.6.0 == 6.5.274 == 6.5.51 plus 223 other changes.

PS. you do not need to uninstall 6.5 when installing 6.6. You can keep both around.

:love_you_gesture:

p.s. my operating W10 pro always askes me to automatically uninstall previous version of Ardour when install new version. No problem, one version is more than enough;-) when necessary I just reinstall older.

Our installer does ask about uninstalling, but you are welcome to answer “No” and nothing bad will happen :slight_smile:

Aha, this explains a lot, thanks Paul (me is more musician than IT-er :wink:)
stay save, Hans

Thanks for the new Ardour version. This way of automation is even better then I could ask. Saves time

Improved ACE-Reverb? It seems it sounds better

No, there have not been any recent changes to ACE-reverb.

The reverb algorithm was last updated for 5.1 and other changes since are only secondary (click free bypass) but all those were before 6.0: History for libs/plugins/a-reverb.lv2/a-reverb.c - Ardour/ardour · GitHub

Maybe it is your playing that has improved? Better sound in, better sound out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Show automation on touch is neat, just wrote another article for the german Linux User magazine on Ardour 6. Did a lot of automation in the tests for this, great to see you making good stuff even better.

3 Likes

Works for me in the mixerstrips of the editor view and in the mixer as well…

Is there an update on that web GUI mixer thing.