Ardour 5.3 is almost entirely a bug fix release that corrects a number of issues noticed and corrected since 5.1.
There was no 5.2 release, due to a mistake during the release process.
If you're looking for information about Ardour 5.0, you'll want to read the release notes.
- Correct visibility of preferences dialog when the application starts with a detached preferences window.
- Ensure click free bypass for all a-* plugins.
- Enable normal operation when using an audio interface on OS X that is split into two "halves" (playback and capture), both with the same name. The Behringer UMC22 is one such device, but there are others already known to use this wierd and poor design. Our assumption is that the device(s) do not use the same sample clock for playback and capture.
- Improve layout of a-eq GUI.
- Update CC automation menu on when track selected channels change.
- Building with support for Windows-VST on Linux now works again.
- Correct "focus-on-clock" behaviour (bound to keypad divide key by default).
- Extend lua bindings (processor selection, plugin-info).
- Single action/button punch in/out feature (available for control surface use or via shortcuts).
Robin Gareus, Julien Rivaud, Nathan Stewart and Paul Davis.