Ardour 3 beta 5 VST avlinux 6 Addictive drums

hello all,

ardour works fine with addictive drums, but when i save a session and restart it there comes an error in ardour log:

[INFO]: LV2: Discovering 148 plugins
[INFO]: Loading menus from /opt/etc/ardour3/ardour.menus
[INFO]: Loaded mixer bindings from /opt/etc/ardour3/mixer.bindings
[ERROR]: unknown Processor type “windows-vst”; ignored
[INFO]: Loading bindings from /opt/etc/ardour3/mnemonic-us.bindings
Loading 0 MIDI patches from /home/sam0th/.config/ardour3/patchfiles:/opt/etc/ardour3/patchfiles
[INFO]: Loading history from /media/GAMES/Linux Musik/default/default.history

and it doesnt load the midi plugin addictive drums dll.

how can i avoid the behavior? the other plugins from system work so far i testet them!

Hi Sam0th,

I stumbled upon exactly the same problem today. Seems to be a bug. The reason for this error is that a type named “windows-vst” is simply not in the code. “vst” is though. If you compiled from source you can add a single line to route.cc, fire a “./waf” and everything will be fine.

I’m not sure if this is a dirty hack because I’m a lousy coder myself. If it’s not, it would be great to see it in svn.

Here’s the diff of route.cc:

2519c2519,2520
< prop->value() == “vst” ||

prop->value() == "vst" ||
  		           prop->value() == "windows-vst" ||

Update:
Filed a bug here: http://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=5123

Committed in rev 13625, along with an equivalent change elsewhere.

That’s been quick! Thank you Paul.

Hi

@sam0th

Thanks to Mario’s fix and some help at Ardour IRC I have built an updated Ardour3 WinVST AV Linux package that should fix this issue for you and any other AV Linux 6 users of the WinVST build:

Get it here and please report if it works for you:

http://bandshed.net/avlinux6-debs/ardour3/ardourvst3-3.0+svn13073avlinux6-2_i386.deb

even after years i wanna say thank you!! i am still using you fine distribution, mx edition now! Thank you!!

Thank you mr davis and its a great honor your supporting so much musician with your work, thank you very much!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.