Ardour 3.5.357 is a CRITICAL bug fix release. ALL USERS ARE RECOMMENDED TO UPGRADE. It includes an absolutely vital fix for a bug that could lead to audio files going missing from the session file (though not from disk). Stem export finally works reliably, and touch sensing with Mackie Control devices allows correct recording of automation from the faders of devices like the SSL Nucleus.
Another important change that some users will notice: when using the mouse to click to add automation control points, Ardour now just adds a new point where the user clicked, rather than attempting to preserve the line shape. Control/Command-click will use the old behaviour. This change followed some mailing list discussion in which it became clear that although the behaviour now accessed via Ctrl/Cmd-click is occasionally useful, it is mostly wrong.
As usual you can download it from the usual place, and as usual subscribers get this update without cost. Thanks to everyone for their support (and encouragement).
Once again, the OS X release situation has still not improved, though a demo 64 bit copy of this version is available (fully featured except that is has does no saving or restoring of plugin settings, and no plugin presets).
Fixes & Changes
- Fix major error with file naming that could lead to sources no longer be listed in the session file
- Fix crash during stem exports
- Fix crash when removing synth from a MIDI track with bypassed plugins
- Fix routing display for mono synths and midi tracks without instruments
- Properly support touch-sensing on Mackie Control devices
- Correct automation recording from Mackie Control devices
- Adding automation control points with the mouse now defaults to just adding the point without "guards" to retain line shape. Use Ctrl/Cmd-click to get the previous behaviour, which is occasionally useful but generally wrong.
- Fix meter(s) when mixer-strip is switched to AuxSend
- Fix a timing problem with Mackie Control device discovery that could lead to the device not being present as Ardour starts up
- Expand directories searched for native Linux VST plugins
- Update LV2 event extension support
- Change use of word "Direction" to "Azimuth" for VBAP panner
- Fix issues with panners when a splitting plugin is added
- fix panner issues with monitor section
- correct the default key binding for "previous snap choice" (3)
Robin Gareus, Paul Davis
Many thanks to Damien Delpiroux for his help in debugging issues with filenames and missing sources, along with the rest of the crowd on #ardour for their testing help.