ardor remote control

I had this idea, tell me what you think that if the place has a good response in mantis.
will probably be unclear since I use an online translator, but please make an effort to understand what I write that I think would be something cutting edge and very useful.
I thought it might be useful to give ardor a remote control function, or that two or more computers that have installed ardor can connect and use a plugin, tracks, inputs and outputs of the computer’s sound card …
I’m not saying it’s easy to develop, indeed I think it is very difficult, but I think it can be very useful is a tool enviable.
There are two ways that came to my mind, one where a computer is set as the master computer that controls and would be “client” and then everything is on the second computer would be available to the server computer, so they can also record potenzialemente an instrument of a person located halfway around the world.
The other way that I came up with is one in which you create a shared project where both computers can access the resources of the other and laovorare instantaneously on the same project.
I think both ways I have indicated would be useful and would be applicable, as the first useful if you want to make a mobile studio and recording studio, recording, or a friend on the otherthe world, the other more useful if you work on a musical project, both instrumental and electronic, with people far and need to attend both the creative process …
I hope you like the idea :slight_smile:

I understand that the permit application indicated do take control of a system with netjack via internet, now from what I understand it’s midi controls?
I was thinking of a system that sends instructions via the Internet to other computers installed with ardor, but the other computer sends packets containing records, doing so if I’m home I can check the PC to the home of a friend of mine who I have to record a song that perhaps for different reasons (perhaps a person is physically imposibilitata to move, or the other person is physically too far away to go in person) using his sound card and its machines.
This is what I have called the master mode,
but for the other modes listed as shared projects, is a mode where both computers can access (always online) hw resources (in and out of the sound card or MIDI keyboard) and sw resources compatible with ardor .
This can be useful for other logistical problems, for example if you think your guitarist or bass player has to go to work in spain or otherwise in a place far away from you in the middle of recording an album with this system through a computer connection Internet and a soundcard can continue producing an album with much more ease, or even just want to work with a friend who lives far away.
so you would be able to work much faster without the hassle of having to bounce tracks and send it.
the online translation I apologize, but it’s the only way I can communicate with you because I do not speak English well.

begin to thank you for responding.
I read a little bit to understand what is and is similar to what I say, rather it is what I say, with differeza that audio engine that is shared, not the program itself …
I can not express a true opinion because I have not used this system, but I can say almost certainly that include this function jack directly into ardor once finished would cause less problems and trouble …
I do not know how easy to use, but I think that using the same program, then planned as something unique, make it easier to use this system … and even more immediate control and understand that you are doing … could just be a tool that is based on net jack or controls it, xo make it more appealing ardor even to many people.
then I think many people like me is a bit against the idea of having thousands of fragments of sw to create more features … that the concept is, better to combine into a single program that split into many small tools that make it impractical to make workflow management,
Perhaps even better would be a remote control tool that can handle multiple programs (think for example that poterebbe interface with rose garden and muse, but also many others) and any other program you decide to include it … although I still think that using the same program would make it easier and more immediate …

Netjack

http://trac.jackaudio.org/wiki/WalkThrough/User/NetJack2

/Anders

the broswer dont find the page of link

Links works for me. In general you want to look at netjack which allows running Jack over a network.

/Anders is the signature…

the link is http://trac.jackaudio.org/wiki/WalkThrough/User/NetJack2

gusta: i think you are confused. i also think that the translations are making it hard to have longer conversations with you.

this forum thread has really covered two entirely separate topics. they are not the same thing. it is necessary to define whether you are interested in remote control of Ardour OR using multiple computers to process audio. these are not the same.

MIDI Machine Control is a very well established protocol that most DAWs (including Ardour) can respond to and sometimes generate. There are other possibilities for remote control as well.

I understand that the permit application indicated do take control of a system with netjack via internet, now from what I understand it’s midi controls?
I was thinking of a system that sends instructions via the Internet to other computers installed with ardor, but the other computer sends packets containing records, doing so if I’m home I can check the PC to the home of a friend of mine who I have to record a song that perhaps for different reasons (perhaps a person is physically imposibilitata to move, or the other person is physically too far away to go in person) using his sound card and its machines.
This is what I have called the master mode,
but for the other modes listed as shared projects, is a mode where both computers can access (always online) hw resources (in and out of the sound card or MIDI keyboard) and sw resources compatible with ardor .
This can be useful for other logistical problems, for example if you think your guitarist or bass player has to go to work in spain or otherwise in a place far away from you in the middle of recording an album with this system through a computer connection Internet and a soundcard can continue producing an album with much more ease, or even just want to work with a friend who lives far away.
so you would be able to work much faster without the hassle of having to bounce tracks and send it.
the online translation I apologize, but it’s the only way I can communicate with you because I do not speak English well.

This is probably an insane idea but if you run VNC (or similar - this program gives you a desktop of a remote computer) on the remote machine you could run Ardour inside VNC and have complete GUI access to Ardour remotely. However, you would not hear any sound unless you also used netjack to send the sound back to the original computer. With VNC both local and remote users can access the same VNC session. VNC sessions are stateless, meaning that you get back to the same desktop you left. Hence, 2 different people could work on the same desktop at different times setting up different things. (at same time is probably not recommended).

Ardour also runs well on a LAN via ssh -X, though as with VNC you need some other means to send the audio independently, such as netjack, or a long headphone extension.

from what I understand we are right in the heart of the matter …
have found good solutions rather innovative, but very complex, what I said was a remote control, then only one sending small data packets, just the information as records, clear the track, load the plugin etc. etc.
it is of very small packets of information.
but the other computer sends packets over the Internet on the tracks, such tracks midi, audio tracks automation, is the section on sync ardor in progress, or at least I think so you can do (to let you know my idea works like that of dropbox, creating a similar process for projects of ardor) if netjack can sincronizare audio via interent access to resources and other audio from a sound card so I do synchronize two identical software should be feasible.
I believe that also saw the release window, this feature can make it very apettibile the choice of ardor, even for many small studies or net label artists who find themselves managing a long way …
not to mention that would make it possible to use a computer natively on any native plugins for other systems, consider an increase in window or linux …
I honestly think that would bring huge benefits.

@gusta: everything you describe in your most recent message about remote control is already possible. there is an android application called “ardroid” that can do this. there are no developers around with the interest or time to put into writing another remote control application. if you know people who want to do that, then please encourage them to do so.

I know this is the app and it installed well on my samsung galaxy s2 but what I’m talking about is something different.
it is just remotely control a computer from another computer, to create and share music, professional or otherwise, is not just a control as the Android app, it’s another thing to share “audio resources” to get making music with one another around the world as if you were in the same studio … is something completely different …
I hope that someone will accept my words because it’s something really new and futuristic in my opinion … and also very useful.
I think demonstrated by all the remote control app that I’ve listed. unfortunately does not have command of English does not allow me to explain my idea in a satisfactory manner