Another Fail to Load VST question

Hello,

This is my first post. I’m presently evaluating Ardour and if it works for me I will subscribe.

I’ve presently installed Ardour 5.12.0 32 bit on my Mac OSX 10.11.1.

No problems getting audio in and out. But I just attempted to install Youlean Meter 32 bit plug in and I can’t get Ardour to find it. I installed VST and VST3 versions. I’m aware that Ardour does not support VST3 but the VST version can’t be found.

The Youlean Meter VST is located in Library/Plug-Ins/VST

How do I direct Ardour to scan that folder and load the plug in?

Sorry for the beginner question but help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Michael MacDonald
AlgoRhythms Mastering

32bit on OSX 10.11 is very unusual.

On Mac that folder is always scanned. VST2 plugins have to be bundles in either $HOME/Library/Plug-Ins/VST/ or /Library/Plug-Ins/VST/.

In general: Preferences > Plugins > VST > Scan
You may want to clear the blacklist and cache and re-scan. Perhaps check “Window > Log”

To load the Plugin: Create a Track (Session > Add Track or Bus…) then show Ardour’s Mixer window and double-click in the “processor box” (blank black space) [1] to show the plugin manager.

[1] http://manual.ardour.org/ardours-interface/audio-midi-mixer-strips/

Thank you for such a speedy reply.

I decided to do an OSX update so now I’m running 10.11.6.

Now I’m able to find the Youlean Loudness Meter plug in in Ardour’s plug in menu.

It loads but doesn’t work; no data display. I loaded some other plugins that are bundled with Ardour and they work.

So now I’m trying to figure out why the Youlean plug in doesn’t see the data stream.

Hopefully I can get this sorted out without asking a lot of beginner questions.

Thanks again.

Michael MacDonald
AlgoRhythms Mastering

Okay, My problem was with the plug in in question and not Ardour.

Problem resolved.

First impressions of Ardour 5 are favorable. I’m getting used to the look and feel and I’m beginning to be able to navigate.

I look forward to expanding my knowledge and being able to take advantage of Ardour’s capabilities.

Thank you.

Michael MacDonald
AlgoRhythms Mastering