Another case for vertical zoom

You should reconsider the auto-closing of threads so we don’t get multiple threads on the same topic…

Anyway, I have a new project and I can’t see my waveforms :stuck_out_tongue: It’s a 12 channel audio track so even in logarithmic view the quiet parts of the track are almost invisible, and I’m using a 27" 2k screen!

Vertical zoom or hiding some of the channels would be two solutions I can think of, can you suggest another?

+1 for vertical wave zoom but, in the meantime, could you normalize the file to something sensible like -10 dB peaks (unless off-screen they already get that high!)?

Normalizing would be a real pain because then I’d have to turn down the volume to be able to listen comfortably, then when I scroll along to the next bit of my project that is already at a decent level I’d need to turn the volume back up, and then down again for the next bit I’ve normalized, etc.

Yep, I hear you. Vertical zoom functionality sounds like a must in these cases.

2 Likes

Hiding/showing channels selectively would also be a solution because generally I only need to see one or two at a time. But I’d prefer the zoom option.

1 Like

Hi!

I’d be curious to know what’s your workflow that makes you have a 12 channel audio track and why you don’t use 12 audio mono tracks sent to a bus.

Regards.

Editing multi-mic samples that need to remain locked in sync while being processed.

1 Like

I give you the poor man’s vertical zoom - ardour-scripts/vertical zoom.lua at master · davidhealey/ardour-scripts · GitHub

This script will normalize the selected audio regions and turn down the gain using the region’s envelope. If you have made any manual changes already to the gain or envelope these will probably be lost or you’ll get weird results. It’s not an ideal solution by any means but at least I can see what I’m working on :sunny:

1 Like

Now this is a creative hack!

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.