Always Remember Us This Way

Recorded in one take (not the first one),with Ardour,cleaned with RX,mixed with Mixbus,video made with Vegas.
Happy New Year .
Olivier

4 Likes

What a voice! Great mix and performance! :+1: :+1:

What is “RX?” I don’t think I’ve heard of that one…

Great recording!

Izotope RX is a plugin and destructive audio editor for audio restoration work. Quite good at it’s work too.

Seablade

And what do you use it for?

Tasks that are generally qualified as Restoration, sorry not trying to be a dick with that answer but it both gets used for more than you might realize, but less than some people might assume.

For instance RX is used commonly to remove background noise from recordings (With limitations). It could be used to remove cracks and pops from Vinyl to digital transfers. It might be used for any number of things related to restoring audio to pristine condition, but it can’t work magic either. If you voice is completely drowned out by background noise, it won’t be able to remove that background noise without destroying your voice as well.

But it is one of the best tools available to most people, and the destructive editor is a very nice fit for it.

Seablade

Hello Glen,
Thanks a lot for listening and for your cool comment.
All the best.
Olivier

Hi,RX is an audio editor software, quite useful to remove chairs noises,fret hiss and things like that.
I also use it to make destructive hi pass eq and sometimes to make dynamic more even, I find it easier to work on audio files on some task than right into Ardour…
All the best.
Olivier

Hi, thanks for helping to answer.
RX is efficient on pops, frets hiss and so on before mixing.
I also use it at the end for the fades in and out and it is efficient to convert sample rates.
All the best.
Olivier

Very nice, thank you!