Alternative to iZotope's Tonal Balance Control?

Our tutor has been showing us the Final Balance Control plugin by iZotope and it’s really useful, but in order to get it, I have to pay for the whole iZotope suite, and it’s not open-source, so I’d rather not do that anyway.

Anybody know of an LV2 plugin or libre VST that does the same kind of thing?

I recall seeing this project GitHub - sergree/matchering: 🎚️ Open Source Audio Matching and Mastering, never tried it though.

Edit: that’s not a plugin so not exactly what you’re looking for, are you looking for a mastering suite, or for the “AI” stuff?

Neither, really. I don’t need a full mastering suite, just that specific plugin I mentioned. All is does it show a graphical EQ of whatever audio is fed into it, along with a thick line calculated from the average master of thousands of tracks over the years. All the plugin does is show you what areas need to be cut or boosted so that your mix fits within that average line. Just don’t wanna pay a couple hundred bucks for something so simple

EDIT: I am intrigued by Matchering though. I’ll give it a try, thanks!

I don’t know any open source plugin that does that, it would be quite nice to have :man_shrugging:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.