Alsa backend shutdown

I am trying to get this to work with Deepin OS. I finally have a good computer i5 8gb ram.

I have this problem alsa backend drops out on startup of ardour

I’m pretty sure this is a “Deepin only” problem… but it is based on Debian stable (recent stable whatever that is).

ulimit is fine

bhante@subhutu:~/Downloads$ ulimit -l -r
max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) unlimited
real-time priority              (-r) 95

Message board is this:

WARNING]: AlsaAudioBackend: adjusted output channel count to match device.
[WARNING]: AlsaAudioBackend: adjusted input channel count to match device.
[INFO]: Loading bindings from /opt/Ardour-5.12.0/etc/ardour.keys
harvid version: 802
[INFO]: Loading menus from /opt/Ardour-5.12.0/etc/ardour.menus
[INFO]: Loading 88 MIDI patches from /opt/Ardour-5.12.0/share/patchfiles
[INFO]: Loading history from /media/bhante/Data/Session/test5/test5.history
[INFO]: test5: no history file "/media/bhante/Data/Session/test5/test5.history" for this session.
[ERROR]: AlsaAudioBackend: Audio Process Terminated after 345 consecutive x-runs.

Using latest from download of ardour site 5.12.0 (by invoice id)

apt version doe not work either.

Wow, there are continuous dropouts! Your system isn’t fast enough to process audio.

What buffesize do you use?

In the Audio/MIDI setup dialog. try “Buffersize: 1024” (or larger, Sample-rate 48kHz, with USB soundcard, prefer “Periods: 3”.

Another possibility is that you use too many effects and overload your system.

Looks like it is my computer.
I loaded “old trusty” (Ubuntu Mate) and still had the problem. Seems as though all applications stop working with the input microphone. This is a bummer. I was able to have it work in ubuntu because I used my $5 usb card and did not realize it was a hardware conflict for acer swift computer.
Using Intel Sound Array
It is a bummer because my new laptop was supposed to solve my microphone problem (which was physically broken). It works in windows… but that is a bummer. Luckily, I have the $5 sound card and will hold on to it.

Deepin is still respectable even though I have a triple boot.

1 Like