Album recorded with Ardour

Hi,I’ve recently finished work on an album for a good friend of mine that was all tracked and mixed with ardour except some pre-production ideas we did on his machine[cubase] and decided to keep.Ardours preformance was outstanding,I started recording with 0.99.2 then 0.99.3 and finished the project with 2beta10.The title track has been picked up on community radio here in Australia.It’s also at www.myspace.com/johngiftduo if anyone want’s to check it out.Love to know what you think. I have just started a new project using rc1.it rocks…
A big thank you to everyone involved with Ardour…
cheers. pete

Hi Josh,glad you liked it.Equipment I’ve used includes Rode nt1,sm57&58 Behringer ce-2’s,Behringer and Phonic tube pre-amps and an M-audio delta soundcard.The computer isn’t overly powerfull a 1.5gig sempron with 1 gig of ram running Fedora core 6 but it does the job I actually tested it to see how many tracks it would play back and got to 112.I haven’t tried ubuntustudio but I run ubuntu on a laptop with a patched kernel to do live recording and general stuff and it’s great.Good luck with your exams and recording.Feel free to leave a message on the myspace site if you want more info on my setup or recording techniques.
cheers pete…

Hey mate, Josh from Vic here. Just wanted to say the song was cool and the quality was very, very good. What equipment were/are you using with Ardour? I haven’t got it up and running yet (1 more exam left…) but after that I’m going to be running a Shure SM58 & 57 with Lexicon Alhpa, Behringer Midi USB K/B & Ubuntu Studio. I’m hopeful that I can get some good quality recordings.

Cheers,
Linux & Music… why didn’t I think of that?