add the missing master track

Hi,
I’m working on a session where at the beginning I decided to handle everything myself, disabling all the options in the session control window.
Then my session is without a master bus track.
Actually I would like to have a proper Master track back but I don’t find the option to do it.
I’m managing to route everything to a new Bus Track, that is not exactly the same.
Is there the option “add a master bus” somewhere?

Thanks in advance

There is no such option.

However, please note that a master bus is special in only 1 way: if you set up the session to auto-connect track outputs to the master, then that will happen.

This means that you can simply add a bus, connect the tracks to it, and you have exactly the same setup. You can even call it “Master” :slight_smile:

3.0 will have a feature similar to the one you are asking for.

Thanks Paul,
adding a new bus and call it MasterBus is exactly what I did.
But then I have to fiddle a bit more to route the signal to it, in fact it doesn’t appear in the track Output list (like the proper master does) and I have to edit the routing.
It doesn’t appear in the Export Window as well (like the porper master bus does) and I have to fiddle with the “selected track” option.
Nothing impossible, of course, but you know…
:slight_smile:

if you really want to hack it, you can always edit the session file. Find the <Route> called “master”. change or add the property “flags” to be “MasterOut”, so that the Route definition starts like this:

<Route flags="MasterOut" ......

then save, load it into ardour, and it will be a “real” master bus :slight_smile: