I am recommending 2 things:
- Enable the ‘red Sponsor button’ on GitHub
- Enable Ardour to receive donations directly through GitHub
1. Enable the Sponsors button
Example project with the Sponsor button (try clicking it): https://github.com/babel/babel
Someone who is admin on the repo needs to:
- Go to: https://github.com/Ardour/ardour/settings
- Enable the Sponsorship section, which will add the ‘red sponsor’ button.
- Add our current donation page: https://community.ardour.org/donate
Now our donate page has more visibility and might be discovered by more people.
2. Receive donations via Github
- (I have set this up personally, and it took me ~10 minutes.)
- We have to provide proof of id, tax number etc.
The biggest benefit I see, is that it is great exposure. If I am supporting Ardour via GitHub, and someone looks at my profile, they can see who I am sponsoring and discover Ardour that way.
I am not suggesting we close the other platform, but only add this one.
GitHub sponsors offers Zero fees (for now) and they match every donation up to 5000$ / year.