Thingamagig = FOSS guitar karaoke (with lights)
No pedals. No amps. No knobs. No presets. No cost. Any guitar.
- I use a looper for the first phrase so I can solo over it later.
- Yes, I messed up the structure on the bridge. Decent recovery though, right?
- New drum lights. Now they are consolidated into one thing (a dimmer with bulbs) instead of 4 pinspots + mounting + pointing + DMX + lots of power cords.
- I am really good at singing Angus-style but didn’t want to be too much of a badass. /s /s /s /s /s Hence the improvisational soloing.
- The drum track had an issue when I recorded this where the hi-hat and ride (I think) were legatized, so one of the lights essentially stays on constantly. I reduced those note lengths to make the light blinkier and committed the change to github.