A few questions

@paul Complete! http://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=7051

@Deep, how do you finally set the session?

@stratojaune

This is for stereo mode.

Actors:
Many tracks, one actor by one track.
Output fader of each track connected to Voices group bus.
Each track have named pre-fader send their connected to Voices alternate group bus.
This send implement “multi-fader mode” for alternate route actor voice (can be different environments same time between scenes).
For this situation I can (with automation) disable “master” fader and enable (set 0 db) send for alternate voices route.

Voices group bus (and Voices alternate group bus):
Connected to Master output.
This two buses have same effects with this sort order:
Pre-fader: eq, compressor.
Post-fader: many sends to effects buses, sidechain send for original voice track compression.
Sidechain send works like “soft-muter” or “volume-decrementor” for original voice.
Voices of my actors make original voices much silence.

For each environment (place) effect I create separated buses.
All effect buses connect to Master output.

What problem?
Can be situation: Actor1 says in self home room on phone and this sound (eq + compression + room reverb + phone eq) play in other room of Actor2.
Can you solve this puzzle? ))

@Deep: unusual chain with EQ before compressor in your 2 voices busses; if you like to sound natural in what you called puzzle, just follow the images : when A1 is on screen we hear his room, when A2 is on screen we hear A1 room+phone EQ, nobody never heard his own room reverb on the phone (except if you use handsfree phone)). How do you planned to treat the ambience muted with voice sidechain? Meant, do you have acces to original tracks?

@stratojaune

EQ before compression just fix amplitude frequency characteristic of microphone.
I think this right case because if I fix it in hardware mixer I can’t refix or adjust it later.

How to solve except puzzle (handsfree phone)? ))
Phone is only one example.
Can be video conference, speaking trumpet, etc.

Yes, I have 5.1 original source.
And sidechain works only for center channel.
Sometimes I must think how to remove/add/replace voices for LF,RF,LB,RB channels (e.g. airbus public communicator, wind, jet engine).
But this is not a safe mixing problem.
This is separate work.

And sometimes I have only stereo source.
And this is bad I know.
But this is hobby.
We make it just for fun.
At least for now ))

wow! making it just for fun you guys must really love that movie and have a certain need to share it with your native people!!
hmm, original tracks I was not thinking of 5.1 dvd but studio masters…
for your puzzle, maybe just add each bus an aux. send to the other bus will do the trick? (don’t forget to automate-cut it before automate-open the other one ;))

@stratojaune

Why not?
Professional dubbers not want dub this films.

Yes. I can try it.
But this is difficult because can be feedback.
Or I must make more alternate routes.

all is said in your ‘why not’! for sure you’re right, making it for fun is what put life in our lifes…

my point of view is that if you make more alternate routes, let say N routes, you have to on/off N sends; if you switch between 2 ‘feedback-possible’ sends you have to on/off only 2 sends. maybe I have to experiment IRL before go further…