I’ve been playing with Ardour for a couple months already and I’d like you guys to have a look at some suggestions that I have for the gui. I have no idea of how hard it is to implement it (hopefully not much), but I think that these changes, even if subtle, made the interface feel a bit easier to read. Here are the original screenshot that I used as reference and the other one with my suggestions:
And a list of the things I’ve changed:
- Deleted a thin frame around the plugins rack;
- Deleted a thin frame around the toolbar;
- Adjusted text’s vertical alignment in the sprung bar;
- Adjusted text’s vertical alignment in the timecode and bars:beats lines;
- Deleted borders on tempo, punch in/out and location markers;
- Put a frame around the track “headers”;
- Same color on the empty space at the bottom left of the screen after the last track;
- Shadows around the track headers.
Would love some feedback on this, Ardour is an awesome project and it would be great for me to be able to help somehow.