a bug?

I got an error message, telling me the export failed. then everything ardourrelated froze.

running Debian Wheezy and 3.5.143

http://s23.postimg.org/t2v5dbiqz/freeze.jpg

http://s29.postimg.org/5w5p164vb/freeze2.jpg

is this a bug?

funny somehow, the whole session got created automatically in a home folder in my user folder \home\tobias\home\tobias\sessionfolder.

btw. the files i wanted to export were imported as wav. I selected them beforehand in the import dialogue and clicked apply. after that I realized that when i clicked the ok button after that, the files seemed to be imported again, so i cancelled that procedure triggered by the ok button and closed the import window. now when i try to open the project again, ardour is searching for files in the interchange folder i do not have (preferrably “filename”-2.wav)

btw. i did not try to do anything consciously to get cetain paths messed up, neither did i delete files

i skipped two files that were missing in the loading process and now the session loaded again.
when i export i get:

[ERROR]: Export ended unexpectedly: Exception thrown by AudioGrapher::SilenceTrimmer: process() after reacing [sic!] end of input

I have this problem too (sessions get created in /home/mark/home/mark), with Ardour 3.5.142 on Arch Linux. In fact I had this problem ages ago (probably the first A3 release that I tried), then it went away, and now it’s back again. I’m not expecting official support on it, as I’m not using the ‘official’ build from ardour.org, but it’d be nice to know why it’s happening.

I’m also getting this problem and I’ve just installed 3.5.380. I also have the problem that sessions get created in /home/simong/home/simong if a location isn’t specified.

I’m also getting the error [ERROR]: Export ended unexpectedly: Exception thrown by AudioGrapher::SilenceTrimmer: process() after reacing end of input

Wow! Unbelievably frustrating to finish a project and then just inexplicably not be able to export it.

I’ve found lately using Ardour in Arch that the export freezes if the Alsa to Jack bridge is on. Don’t know if this is related but if it is then it;s as simple as shutting that off. Also maybe a good idea to consider that maybe a certain plugin could be causing this.