A black metal instrumental, an attempt to capture in music the beauty of the winter

Recorded in Ardour5, the are programmed in hydrogen. I used ardour midi for the bass, using the calf fluidfynth lv2 plugin and the calf bass enhancer. The mastering is done in jamin.

Please do check it out.

Regards,
Anirban

The link :

I apologise about the typos : The drums* are programmed in hydrogen, the bass using the calf fluidsynth* lv2 plugin.

Heard it just now, haha! Just what I needed on a moody day :slight_smile: Fantastic work! If you’re still around, what drumkit did you use?

I used the deathmetaldrumkit in hydrogen.

Thanks for listening, I am glad you enjoyed it.

I wanna know why he’s privileged enough to get to use Ardour5, when we are all slugging along with Ardour3?

I am sorry about that. I should have seen the typo, I feel like a moron. But its nice, the way you put it, its funny.

Anirban, I am sorry I forgot the smiley. It was meant as a joke. I’m glad you got the humour.

I’m actually working on a LV2 drum plugin to fill the gap when composing metal drums on linux.
Its implemented as a LV2 instrument and works with Ardour3 midi tracks.
Its still in very early beta, but I have already used it myself for various composing projects.
Check it out at http://www.drumgizmo.org if you are interested.

@Ricardus
:-))

@Deva
I will definitely try it out. Thanks for the information.

@anirban.metal: Great.
I still don’t have a good way of getting user feedback, so for now you can just send me an email if you have questions/suggestions: deva@aasimon.org - this goes for everyone else with interest in the plugin as well :wink: