A big problem with snapshot

Hi! I’ve a big problem here, I was in a recording session and, in my project, I saved it like a snapshot but was looking for a template, then saved the snapshot and erase every track and I need to reintegrate every track in its place, how can i to recover all my tracks in the original position again? Thanks a lot
My best regards

Have you tried Edit / Undo ?

Not certain I understand what happened here…

If you saved the project as a snapshot, all you need to do is reload the snapshot and you should have all audio back where it was when the snapshot was saved.

If you saved it as a template however, then opening the template will have empty tracks and you would have to rebuild the session.

Seablade

Thanks for your answer, I saved the project as a snapshot, but with all my tracks empty, because i make a mistake here, i erased every channel looking for a template, after that, I saw that I can save a template but that stupid action was done. If I reload tha snapshot appears empty, but in the right column I can see the tracks, I want to think that is still there.How can I reincorporate to my project again?.

Thanks again

Ferrer

I think there are a couple of terminology problems here…

By template, are you referring to track template?

And by what you see on the Right, do you mean you see it in the region list?

Seablade

Ok I wanted to save as a project because I wanted to use the same configuration, but when I use save as, this option were a snapshot option, Now, I can see my tracks names in the region list, but my project is still empty. Forget the Tamplate term please.

Ok the names in the Region list are equivalent to the names of the regions that were on the track most likely. If they were all recorded at the same time you can drag them all to the start of the appropriate track(Assuming you hadn’t done any edits that would create new regions), otherwise you can drag them onto the track, and IIRC there is an option in the region context menu(Right click on the menu, note right click is not the same as CTRL-click) to return a region to its recorded time(Look for a checkbox called ‘Original Position’).

Seablade

Hey! the problem is solved now, I drag the files in the region list onto the track, and in the region context menu I use a ‘Original Position’ option, then one by one I recover all my files…THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!!

I Hope that this solution could be useful for others.

My best regards

Ferrer

No problem, glad it worked out for you.

Seablade